Sea-launched Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired and originated in a direct response to situations that threaten freedom of navigation from the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Nitze, but the number of missiles fired were not confirmed , citing security reasons The original Yemeni attacks appeared to target the Arleigh-Burke class destroyer USS Mason, which has been patrolling near the Bab-el-Mandeb strait, and the amphibious transport dock USS Ponce, also in the region.
Ansar Allah, the Yemeni group that ousted the country’s president last year, claimed on 26 October 2015 that it had sunk a naval vessel off the coast of Taizz province using an anti-ship missile. Al-Masirah’s footage of the missile being launched was shot at night, making it impossible to identify the system involved. However, it did appear to show a booster motor dropping away from the missile after the launch, which is consistent with the Chinese-made C-801 missile [ said to be derived from the French Exocet missile] that is in service with the Yemeni Navy.
The anti-ship missile attack on USS Mason October 9 while it patrolled the southern Red Sea was answered. in total, by two SM-2 Standard surface-to-air missiles and an Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM) during the engagement. It also popped off Nulka decoys.
[March 8 Yemen: Peace talks – “85 percent of Yemen free of Houthi militia control”]
On March 8, Brigadier-General Masoud Jazayeri, deputy chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces, suggested Iran could support the Houthis in a similar way it has backed President Bashar al-Assad’s forces in Syria.
“The Islamic Republic felt its duty to help the Syrian government and nation. It also feels its duty to help the people of Yemen in any way it can, and to any level necessary.”
A delegation from the Houthi group is in Saudi Arabia for talks on ending Yemen’s war, two senior officials say, in what appears to be the most serious attempt to date to end the conflict. The visit, reported on March 8,is the first of its kind since the war began in March last year between Iran-allied Houthi forces and an Arab military coalition led by Saudi Arabia. The visit began on March 7 at the invitation of Saudi authorities, following a week of secret preparatory talks, said the two senior officials from the administrative body that runs parts of Yemen controlled by the Houthis
Army and resistance of the people of Yemen has freed more than 85 percent of Yemen Houthi militia control. Yemeni President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi said in an exclusive interview with Saudi Gazette newspaper, Thursday (03/03/2016) The President expressed confidence that Sanaa, taken by Houthi, will be released after the liberation of Taiz and Hudaidah.
[February 12 2011 Yemen: Students march in Sanaa, “After Mubarak, it’s Ali’s turn.”
On February 2, 2011, President Field Marshall Ali Abdullah Saleh announced that he will not seek reelection in 2013
A February 12 march in Yemen’s capital, Sanaa, calling Saleh to leave office was attacked by government supporters,
of President Field Marshall Saleh, who has been in power since 1978, who forced anti-government protesters from the centre of Sanaa.
Several thousand protesters had gathered chanting: “After Mubarak, it’s Ali’s turn.”
Supporters of the president, armed with traditional Yemeni knives and sticks, turned up and forced the protesters, many of them students, to flee.