Abdullah Senussi as he disembarks from aircraft onto Libyan soil
Abdullah al-Senussi is under detention in Tripoli after being extradited from Mauritania.
“The office of the prosecutor general has received Senussi and he will undergo a number of medical tests. Soon he will also undergo interrogation for the cases he has been charged with,” prosecutor general spokesman Taha Ba’ra .Senussi is being held with other former regime members, including a former prime minister.
[October 29, 2011]
The International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo said talks with Saif al-Islam had been held through intermediaries. “We trust very much the person who is in touch for our side. He says he (Saif al-Islam) is innocent, he will prove he is innocent, and then he is interested in the consequence after that.”
[October 27]Muammar Gaddafi’s most prominent son, Saif-al Islam, has asked for a plane to take him out of Libya’s southern desert so he can turn himself in to the international criminal court, said a source. Islam and the former intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senussi propose handing themselves in to the court. An ICC spokesman said the court was still trying to confirm whether this is true.
[October 26]The southern border area with Niger was the focus of an intense search operation said to include elite troops from Britain and Qatar for Colonel Gaddafi’s fugitive son Saif al-Islam. Qatar revealed for the first time on October 26 that hundreds of its military had been involved alongside Libyans in their battle to topple the longtime despot. Previously the gas-rich country said it had only lent the support of its air force to the operations. Qatari chief of staff Major General Hamad bin Ali Al-Atiya said the Qataris had been “running the training and communication operations.”
“Qatar had supervised the rebels’ plans because they are civilians and did not have enough military experience. We acted as the link between the rebels and NATO forces,” he said. here
[October 24]Saif Al-Islam Gadhafi, 39-years-old, now on Syrian television.
“We continue our resistance. I’m in Libya, alive, free and intend to go to the very end and exact revenge,” Saif Al-Islam Gadhafi was heard saying on Syrian TV. “I say go to hell, you rats and NATO behind you. This is our country, we live in it, and we die in it and we are continuing the struggle.”
The short message was broadcast on Syrian TV station Al-Rai on Sunday and was soon uploaded by several users onto YouTube. It’s not clear if the audio-only message was broadcast live or was a recording.
[October 23]Seif al-Islam Gaddafi, a key son of Libya’s toppled dictator Muammar Gaddafi, Saif al-Islam and Moussa Ibrahim, the former spokesman for the Gadhafi’s regime, were both captured in the Libyan city of Nessma, near Bani Walid, and were currently being transported to Misrata,
[October 22]Saif had been critically wounded when his convoy was hit by an RAF bombing raid. Saif is thought to be trying to join up with another brother Saadi, 38, who fled to Niger in September together with other Gaddafi allies and a fortune in gold and U.S. dollars. Daily Mail or badly wounded, possibly as a result of a strike by RAF planes — earlier Daily Mail or has been arrested by the rebel forces in the town of Zliten, some 300 km from Sirte, where his father was killed October 20.
The news was announced October 21 by the Al Arabia TV, citing one of the rebel fighters, saying al Islam had been hit in the back by several gunshots, and that pictures would be released